The following is a detailed timeline we are compiling of the movements of the life of the Victorian writer Charles Dickens during the year 1841, as we come across them in letters, newspaper articles and other research. We have also included some key contemporary events that occurred in society.
Missing a date? if you know of any movements not covered here we would welcome letting us know, along with a reference to any source material so we can try to fill in the gaps.
- February. Barnaby Rudge. is published weekly between February and November.
- February (8). Their fourth child, Walter Savage Landor Dickens, is born.
- May (31, Monday). Dickens writes a letter from his Devonshire Terrace home declining an offer to stand as Member of Parliament for Reading.
- June. Dickens attends a public dinner in his honour at Edinburgh.
- June (10). Dickens writes a second letter from his Devonshire Terrace home declining an offer to stand as Member of Parliament for Reading.
- Summer. Charles and Catherine tour Scotland.